Technology will be very prevalent in my classroom as well as the personal uses. There are so many different types of websites that provide a plethora of diverse resources for teachers, students, and parents. I am planning on teaching math in Jr. High and High School. Instead of using the board to teach them their new subjects, we can use technology for lessons as well. This may enhance their learning as they will be receiving individual attention from using technology! As a teacher you can really only help one student at a time, but technology and the creators of these programs has gone to great lengths to change the way we teach and the way we learn.
“…the student of the year 2000 should use a computer freely and easily, as naturally and as well as the well-educated student of today uses the basics: reading, writing, and mathematics. It will be fun to participate in the changes of the next two decades, and see if education can meet this challenge.” (P.17) This quote read closely to home, being that I was that kid. I grew up with computers and saw the advancements and learned while they were being created and improved. I have always been comfortable with computers, and have seen how far technology has gotten involved with education. It’s been an amazing ride and I can only imagine where technology will take us in the future!
Students in classrooms now have a completely different concept of computers and technology than I did growing up. Today children see technology as a learning tool, it provides “…non-judgmental feedback for the children…” (P.22-The Computing Teacher) Students grew up with technology as it is, having a basic understanding of it, and are more eager to learn of its uses! They see it as a an essential instrument and can learn a great deal more from technology, than the classic way teachers have been teaching. Computers are becoming more of norm in the classroom setting, than when I was even in school. The only requirement we ever had was using Word, now there are many programs set up to help them learn subjects in a whole new way! Technology has made stimulating changes in education and its practices.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Week 03
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
" ... I have always been comfortable with computers, and have seen how far technology has gotten involved with education ..."
Some good observations here. I'm sure we will all see some amazing leaps in computer usage during our time.
Post a Comment