Movie Making
I had a wonderful time with my group creating this video. The overall process was very simple; the only difficult part was creating the overall general idea of the way to present. When I was younger I used to make videos all the time! I have become very savvy and comfortable using video cameras, but not some much on the editing side. The ease of editing your own movies at home has changed a lot in the past 10 years!
Max helped the group create the wonderful idea of what our commercial was going to be based on. We wanted to go with funny in the overall presentation of our commercial. You will just have to wait and see what it is all about, not that you have not seen the storyboard.
Completing the storyboard before filming defiantly eased the overall process of filming. We knew exactly what needed to be done! As a group we finished a lot faster than anticipated! It was fun, easy, and problem free!
I am excited to edit the video in class next week, as I have never used a program on the computer to edit my videos. When I was younger, we used the old school way of rewinding, trying to get to that perfect point of where to record. I am grateful to be learning how to use this program, as it will help me in the future, especially the near future. For one of our group projects we are planning on making a video as part of a presentation!
Overall, this was a fun and excellent learning experience!
Copyright Articles
As a teacher it is imperative to set a good example for your students. Teachers can set a tone of what appropriate uses of technology are and can have lasting, positive effects on their students. I believe new teachers can bring, add, and teach other teachers how to properly set an example and educate our students to use technology mature manner. Technology and education has a long way to go as far as curriculum and importance goes.
As school needs to take the necessary precautions to protects themselves as well as their students when it some to copyright laws. There are many different sites to help students and teachers to keep themselves well informed and safe from copyright laws! The following websites can help anyone keep themselves out of trouble:
Educator's Guide to Copyright and Fair Use & Software Industry and Information Association
One important way that will be a very powerful tool as an educator, is asking permission to use the different resources and having a confirmed copy that what was used is acceptable. Here is a copy of the form that will be very useful to teachers:
Sample Copyright Permission Request Template
Dear [Name],
I am a student/staff at [name of school]. I would like to use [specific description of the material] in the following manner [specific description of how the material will be used]. Do you hold the copyright on this material? If you hold the copyright, may I have your permission to use your material in this way? If you grant permission to copy this material, I will properly reference your ownership by [describe how ownership will be referenced]. I need to have your answer by [date].
Sincerely,
[Name]
The copyright Quiz, was quite the challenge, I felt as if I knew nothing. Reading the articles helped to understand some of the important laws; however, I still have a long way to go as far as understanding what is right and wrong. I may even be breaking some of these rules! The overall importance of learning about copyrights is to give credit where credit is due and protect others work. Knowing the laws will only empower your students, the school you work for, and your community!
6 comments:
Jessica, I liked the way you put the sample of the copyright permission template in your blog. You are right about setting a good example to our students as well as educating other teachers on how to follow copyright laws ethically. As educators we need to set the example for our students; if we show respect for copyright so will our students.
I agree with Roberta, I liked that you copied the sample of the copy right permission template. I think that it is important for students to understand the importance of copyright issues in technology. Educators need to be assertive with there students so they do not make the wrong choices
I agree that we too need to educate other teachers on the current laws and regulations of copyright. I am sure the laws are changing constantly. I agree that teachers can set the tone by example of how to expect your studetns to show credit where credit is due. I also liked how you put the example of the permission letter at the bottom. That will always come to good use. You can give that to your students as a great guide and example. I agree there are still several things to learn about copyright laws,,,you arent the only one.
Jessica, I too felt stupid after taking the copyright quiz. I agree with you that reading that articles really shed some important and much needed light on to the subject. Thanks for putting up the form students can use to get permission.
I agree with you that teachers can set the tone of what the appropriate uses of technology are for their students. I also like the idea of having students use the permission templete to copy or download information for projects. The copyright quiz was challenging, however, I learned a lot in the process reading the various articles.
It was a great idea to have that sample of the letter to request permission. I agree completely that it is our responsibilty as educators to be knowledgable ourselves so that we can help our students understand the correct way to use information.
Post a Comment