Monday, March 3, 2008

Week 06

I absolutely love excel, and I am not kidding. It has so many magical tools to help anyone trying to get organized with so much data or trying to make something more logical and systematic. Right now I work in a sales department where we run tons and tons of reports with an overload of data. I have learned so much about the power it can provide! Now my challenge is to make this information carry over into the classroom. There are so many options, what I love most about excel is the ability to create organized documents on your own, especially amazing tools for sorting. Say I want to play bingo in my class; there is a formula available to scramble up the equations so each paper would print of differently. When I was going through the links provided for the third tab, a lot of them are no longer good. I also was not very clear on exactly what the assignment was calling for, so I did the best with the information provided. The article went over the importance of searching and finding the correct information on the Internet. It is imperative that you learn the necessary tools to help locate the pertinent information needed. Most information can be found on the Internet now, so as teachers we need empower our students with the plethora of different ways to search. Another important point the article noted was being able to make sure that the data you are reading is accurate. There are so many different websites available, and the correct information may not always be posted. If they feel that the information provided may not be right, they can double check the information the “old school” way of actually using the books in libraries!

No comments: